Sunday 18 August 2013

Intermission - Returning 2014




Updated 21st February 2014

Dear Readers,

I am currently taking a break from blogging until March 2014. While my blog "hits" have slowly risen my regular readership has remained relatively static. And while some blogs have been very successful others have been spectacular failures. Based on the time and effort to do justice to maintaining a reasonable standard of blogging I have therefore taken a break for the time being. I really have enjoyed putting my personal "stamp" on the subjects I have written about and these very much reflect my own interests.

Meanwhile I have almost finished researching and writing a very large family history (which has reached a possibly ridiculous 508 pages plus around 125 pages of images) while also enjoying the Southern Hemisphere summer season and holidays. I have also, despite the vagaries of a very wet and windy summer season, been indulging in my favourite recreational summer past-time of cycling. I will however be returning to blogging and will be featuring many more of my personal treasures and retaining (but not exclusively) a Scottish historical theme.

Engaging in blogging has brought me into contact with some amazingly diverse and truly fascinating people with many common interests, some of whom I would count it an honour to one day meet in person. Thank you especially to Tom M., René-Michel D.L.C., Cyril D. and Gordon W., you know who you are. Meanwhile I shall of course be more than pleased to respond to any queries or feedback posted on any of my blogs.

I have also continued to assiduously read daily those updated blogs on "My Blog Roll". The most recently updated blogs are always at the top of the list. These blogs also very much reflect my own diverse interests and I thank those bloggers for their own very hard work.

Again, thank you for your interest and support thus far, it has been appreciated.

Adieu, until we meet again,

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...